(1593–1627) – one of the most prominent masters of the Stroganov icon-painting school. He was born in Novgorod.
Between 1620 and 1621 he affiliated with the Armory Prikaz (Chancery) at the court of Tsar Mikhail Fedorovich. In 1621 Prokopy Chirin together with other famous iconographers painted the new tsar chambers: the Dining Chamber and the Bedroom. He also produced book illustrations for the editions of the Moscow Printing House. Chirin’s artworks are distinguished for the finest miniature painting, exquisite palette and thorough dress trimmings. Among his most significant works commissioned by the Stroganov are icons of John the Warrior (the early 17th century, the Russian Museum, St. Petersburg), Nikita the Warior, the Virgin of Tikhvin, Our Lady of Vladimir, with festivals and faces of the saints, and Our Lady of Kazan (late 16th – early 17th centuries, the State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow).