Miracle of St. George and the Dragon
George and the Dragon, Hagiographic Cycles of St. George the Victorious
Date: XIV century. First half of the 14th century.
Iconographic school/art center:
Origin: From the collection of M.Pogodin.
Material: Wood, tempera
Dimensions: height 89,5 cm, width 63 cm
Centerpiece depicts St. George the Victorious on horseback, slaying the dragon.
1. Saint George is giving away his riches to the poor;
2. Sint George is being led by the warriors;
3. George facing the tsar;
4. George in gaol;
5. Torture of George on the wheel;
6. George overwhelms the idols;
7. Torture with the rods;
8. Whipping with oak twigs;
9. George rubbed with stones;
10. Torture with candles;
11. George boiled in cauldron;
12. Torture with the saw;
13. Torture with the boiling resin;